Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Website project


The website I created is used to promote myself by having contact information readily available for the viewer to access. I created this website in Dreamweaver. I didn’t get far into the design aspect of the picture in the background. The purpose of the website gives employers a portal to view my resume and portfolio of the work I have accomplished. This website concept has a simple and clean flow for the viewer look for exactly what it needs. The intended purpose of this website would be to help promote myself in the eyes of an employer. Capturing attention and delivering information is what this website should do because I want it to propel myself into a career after I graduate this May.

The social media projects that I have created in COM 322 set up and prepared me for the final project of the website.  Getting use to the programs of adobe indesgin, illustrator and photoshop completes the major steps in creating an actual website. Custom graphics, designs and layout can be easily understood by understanding the steps it takes to create a website. The amount of time our class took on the social media projects I think was painful at times but the amount of time we actually spent on them prepared us well for the website.  I learned the most I believe from these specific projects of the postcard and the business card. Especially because the concept has to have a visual message tie into or represent something is extremely difficult to all tie in and make sense. Going through these projects helped me adapt into seeing visual designs and decoding them into a meaning and representation of whatever brand it does.

The necessary tie-ins of my personal social media accounts are implemented in my website to show employers more examples of work I have. Blogger is the social media account I thought was the most appropriate to use in my website. My Blogger site that is accessible on the website which has examples of COM 322 work employers I am trying to impress would like to see. The intention behind the website I created is shown when anybody reaches it. I am really looking forward to start my career this summer and my intention is to land a newer job in a field I truly enjoy. This class and project has made my communication degree well rounded with knowledge of how communication is used on the web. I believe this skill is essential in knowing and getting ahead of the game in the PR/ Advertising world.

Uploading JPEG images and converting files to PDF format for the viewer to read was obviously important to know for the website. However I believe the knowledge of knowing the picture formats and alteration that occurs in photoshop before is equally important. Organizing content on the website is a skill you develop when completing the social media projects to correctly display information and messages. Placement of the content is crucial.

No comments:

Post a Comment